I moved to the Dordogne region in South West France with my partner in spring 2011. We are converting an 18th century stone barn into our new home and my partner, who is a timber framer by trade, now has an established oak timber framing business here.

We obtained planning permission for our own barn conversion in 2011 and in our first two years here I also assisted a number of timber framing clients with their permis de construire or déclaration préalable applications. Since then I have helped many clients to obtain planning permission and all of this helped me to build up a clear picture of how the planning permission system in France works.

In 2013 I prepared a full ‘permis de construire’ application and obtained planning permission for my first professional clients, who were very satisfied with the service (you can see theirs’ and others’ feedback here). Along with a familiarity with the rules and regulations of planning permission in France, I have further skills and experience that can help to get your planning application through smoothly:

– bilingual French-English (if I don’t have the answer immediately, I will find out – and I can explain it clearly to you afterwards);
– familiarity with the public authorities involved in the planning process and where to go for help and advice;
– CAD (computer aided design) skills for drawing professional-looking plans to scale, following your designs;
– many years’ experience in managing projects;
– years of experience with communications and report-writing;
– a meticulous, conscientious and methodical approach to detailed tasks.

Most of all, I am dedicated to making sure that you get the best possible service.

If you would like me to help with your planning process in any way, please contact me.

For more information about the services I offer please see the pages detailing my service French planning permission services and my fees.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hannah Durrant
January 2016

Please note that I am not a legal expert on property purchase matters. For this you will require an estate agent and / or a notaire. I will use the aforementioned skills and to help you to navigate the French planning system and to develop your plans according to your own designs. In order to obtain a CU, permis de construire or déclaration préalable as smoothly and quickly as possible, I will consult with official bodies such as the Mairie, the DDT, Bâtiments de France and the CAUE for advice.